((((sandro.net))))

sábado, 19 de setembro de 2026

Show HN: I wrote a custom assembler for CHIP-8 in C++ https://ift.tt/LQ7bjP3

Show HN: I wrote a custom assembler for CHIP-8 in C++ I'm writing a custom assembler for CHIP-8 and just finished adding support for the DB/.byte directive so I can embed sprites in the ROM and finally get something drawn on the screen. It SHOULD support all OG CHIP-8 instructions, but still a ton of rough edges that I'm ironing out. This is my first ever C++ project, just like the CHIP-8 emulator was my first ever C (and emudev) project. It's so satisfying to write assembly and have your program spit out a ROM that actually runs in the emulator you wrote. All code is written by me (a lot of it livestreaming) as evident by the quality, no AI. https://ift.tt/hjk4YGb September 17, 2026 at 02:47PM

Nenhum comentário:

DJ Sandro

http://sandroxbox.listen2myradio.com